Thursday, August 05, 2010

In the Paper!

This blog has made it to actual print (as opposed to virtual print)! That’s right, the local East Greenwich paper has finally recognized my blogging brilliance (or needed some crap to fill up space). You can’t find this article online so you have to go and spend the money on the Thursday, August 5, 2010 Pendulum. Send $20 and a self-addressed envelope and I’ll send you back a copy of the article.

Anyway, now I have this pressure to continue blogging in a witty, wry manner. I also feel that I have to point out the absurdities of the world (like the possible 14th amendment change saying that just because you were born here doesn’t mean you can be a citizen. Shouldn’t that retroactively remove all of our citizenship? Ah, then we would all have to leave and then the government would not have to spend billions of dollars on silly things like education, roads, healthcare, social security, and any other service organization. Brilliant!)

Anyway, for the two or three other people who come to check out this blog because you read the article and thought, “Surly this can’t be real.” Yes it is, and stop calling me Shirley (heh).

Despite my recent rise to fame I will continue to be the humble theological snob that I have been since the inception. I will continue to offer mediocre posts with big words that make it look like I know more than I do, and I promise to continue to make this blog as boring as possible. That means no video posts (which are oh, so flashy and catchy).

2 comments:

Paul Alexander said...

I actually searched the Pendulum and read the article. Excellent picture too.

Randy Yorston said...

1. Impressed that the local media decided to do an article on your blog - kinda meta when you think about it...a blog entry about a Pendulum article which was about your blog entries (my head is starting to hurt)
2.) Article only caught one side of you - I am submitting my J. Malone Facebook archives to the Pendulum so that they can get the full picture,
3. Speaking of which, your picture...meh...on the other hand, Paul Alexander using R. Redford as his avatar - priceless
4.)Night clubs and bars pay celebrities to appear at their venues. There should be a bidding war from the East G. Coffee Shops to have you "do your thing" there. At least a free latte and some sweets as compensation??