Friday, September 10, 2010

Let's Go Out to the Movies

Well here it is, post number 3 all in one day. Can you keep up with this? I probably won’t post again for a while, so all of you will have time to read my brilliant thoughts.

Good news – I am scheduling my dissertation defense!

Better news, I have recently finished watching all 100 of the AFI’s 100 best films of the past century.

It has been an interesting journey to watch these movies, and I plan on watching them again. Many of these movies have become cultural icons in many different ways (come back, Shane!), but they are icons that can be missed or lost if one doesn’t take the time to reach back and watch the old classics. It also is interesting to watch the change in acting style through the years, as well as directing and special effects.

In the end I can say that it was a good thing to watch all of these movies. When they have good plots, acting, or direction, it is like eating a fine meal. The negative effect is that it is harder for me to watch poor movies. Just the other day I was trying to watch “Bitch Slap” but couldn’t stomach it. Thanks a lot AFI!

No comments: