Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Whatca Watching?


It is a new year, so it is a time for lists. I only have two lists (this year, but watch out next year!), so I will make it two blog posts. First, the movies I watched this year.

A little bit of background. I have been trying to watch everything that has been nominated for an Oscar of any kind (even best costume). I started with the most current, which was 2010 at the time, and then added the 2011 list when it came out. Near the end of the year when I finished the 2010 list I started the 2009 list of Oscar nominees.

I have also been re-watching the AFI 100 best films of century (both the original list and the updated list). I finished this list a while ago, so am re-watching them and finding that things are really great the second time around.

Finally, sometimes I just like to watch crap. Deal.

Here is the list in the order that I watched them, more or less:

Movies of 2011

The Imagination of Dr. Parnassus
True Grit
Lost Boys
Nine (the musical)
An Education
The Fugitive
Citizen Kane
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer Stone
The Last Airbender
IP Man
Il Divo
The Door (a short film)
The Kids are Alright
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkahban
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Casablanca
The Messenger
The Princess and the Frog
Coraline
The Fighter
The Godfather (part I)
Invictus
The Other Guys
How to Train Your Dragon
Gangs of New York
Megamind
A Serious Man
French Roast (animated short)
Kick Ass
Gone With the Wind
Julie and Julia
Black Swan
Milk of Sorrow
X-Men First Class
Just Go With It
Lawrence of Arabia
Iron Man 2
Food Inc.
Knockaround Guys
IP Man 2
Biutiful
Hot Tub Time Machine
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1
The White Ribbon
The Wizard of Oz
I Love You Philip Morris
The Most Dangerous Man in America: Daniel Elsberg
The King’s Speech
Rise of the Planets of the Apes
Silverado
Twelve Angry Men
Sherlock Holmes
Analyze This
The Graduate
In the Loop
Office Space
Alice in Wonderland (2010)
Instead of Abracadabra (short film)
Granny O’Grimm’s Sleeping Beauty (animated short)
On the Waterfront
Paris 36
Inception
Mr. Popper’s Penguins
Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon
The Zookeeper
Bad Teacher
Green Lantern
Bridesmaids
I Love You Beth Cooper
Wanted
Pirates of the Caribbean – Stranger Tides
The Secret of Kells
Schindler’s List
The Lovely Bones
I Am Love
The Warrior’s Way
The Princess Bride
The Prophet (or A Prophet)
Singing in the Rain
Coco Before Chanel
The Social Network
The One
Romeo Must Die
Exit Through the Gift Shop
It’s a Wonderful Life

No comments: