Sunday, November 07, 2010

What Now?

Now that I have pretty much finished the doctoral stuff, I am left wondering what to do. I don’t want to become one of those people who never does any research again, but on the other hand I don’t want to have my life ruled by something in such a way. I want to live, damnit, can’t you let me live!

So I am trying to figure out what to do with my time. I am still reading Foucault with a friend of mine, but I feel I could do more, or at least be a little more focused. I do have a lot of books to read, which is good, but that isn’t focused either.

My fear is that I will end up being pulled in many directions, that I will find my time full but without any focus or direction. I want to continue to work, just give me some direction.

1 comment:

Jonathan Malone said...

Thanks for the invite Steve, but your blog really is not my cup of tea - a little to much highlighted words, a little to narrow theology.