Thursday, May 31, 2007

Something New

I think I am going to try a different approach to my blog. I’ll continue to write about the works that I have read (although I have missed a couple), but I feel as if my blog is not as honest or as helpful as it could be. I have been compartmentalizing my doctoral work, separating it from the rest of my life, and I feel as if I am starting to wear myself out. I am finding that I am tired more and more, and that one part of my life is not necessarily fueling the other – this is the road to burn-out. One of the reasons I decided to pursue the doctoral track was because I felt it would positively influence my ministry. Yet in the past couple of months I do not feel as if this has been the effect. So, I am going to try to have a little more breath over all of my life, as well as some more depth over my own struggles and concerns, challenges and joys.
My hope is that it will offer a platform for me to express my own questions in an honest way, and at the same time offer more to the public (all 5 of you) an approach to ministry.

No comments: